Type of contract: CDI
Klanik is an innovative consulting company specialized in IT and engineering with over 500 employees. Klanik built its success by embracing a new management model. Our consultants have the opportunity to involve themselves as actors within the company through 3 programs:
- Act’in Klanik – a catalog of roles which allows each consultant to take part in Klanik’s development and to be rewarded according to their involvement;
- Knowledge Centre – an internal training center for the consultants by the consultants;
- Korner – a start-up incubator which supports consultants who want to live their entrepreneurial dream.
Klanik focuses on 4 main areas of expertise:
- Application development, where we follow our clients on innovation and strategic subjects;
- DevOps & Cloud, where we assist our clients on methodological and technical aspects;
- Cybersecurity, where we assure and enhance the integrity, people, processes and assets by which Klanik achieves its greater mission;
- Data & AI, where we help companies in processing their data without losing sight of the real business interest of their work.
By joining us, you will be part of a consultant centric company and evolve on innovative topics via our mobilized collective intelligence. Finding new talents and ensuring their wellbeing is essential to Klanik’s development.
Our client is looking for an Software Engineer Front-End Senior to join its team !
Primary Tasks and responsibilities :
• Insure the well understanding of all the requirements through a list of requests and/or constraints related to computer applications and programs, analyze and interpret them so that they can be translated into technical and/or technological solutions and estimate the related workload.
• Translate the functional and business analysis in programming language and architecture, Adapting and improve or maintaining the existing programs and applications in line with the development cycle.
• Study and discuss the functional analysis with the designated internal contact while maintaining and evolving one’s level of technical competence his/her field of expertise in line with the company context.
• Conduct monitor and integrate the development of the program in the agreed language and in regards to the quality standards
• Test the program in the integrated environment following the Agile methodology
• Participate with the project manager and the technical manager in technical reviews and controls.
• Document the software
• Report potential issues to the functional analysts proposing the optimal solution for the achievement of the best result
• Evaluate the impact of potential changes on the software modules and report any potential problems
Secondary Tasks and responsibilities
• Quality assurance
• Write the test scenarios
• Test the final solution as proposed to the end users
• Document the test results
• Solve testing problems and retest in an Analytical mindset
• Constant evolvement conducted in lessons learned after each milestone achieved
• Put in practice the improvement actions and good practices of software development
• Assist to team development through training and coaching of fellow team members
Technical profile requirements:
• Expert knowledge of programming languages:
* HTML. You will be able to build semantically optimized web pages, considering SEO and accessibility aspects
* CSS. You are able to set up a modular CSS / SCSS architecture and are comfortable with the different layout and CSS positioning techniques.
having expert knowledge of the above Web core languages, you usually do not rely on frameworks but you have very good knowledge of Bootstrap 4, and thus jQuery, as it’s a must for this position. Any other framework knowledge is only a plus
having experience with Java related templating engine like FTL or HTL is a plus
having experience with Java based CMS like Magnolia or AEM is a plus
• Git experience is a must
• Build tools:
you are able to use and modify(setup is a plus) a build system based on Node.js, such as Gulp or Webpack.
• UX / UI:
being the link between the designer and the developers, you have graphic knowledge (websites, portfolio references, …), including hands-on knowledge of the necessary tools(Adobe Creative Suite, Figma,…)
Occasionally, you may need to produce simple graphical propositions.
• Good knowledge of Cross-browser / device testing, bug fixes is expected
• Good knowledge of SCRUM Agile methodology and following related tools: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbutcket/Gitlab/Github
Without being an expert on the topic, you have some experience regarding delivering WCAG 2 AA level products. You are also willing to get more knowledgeable about this topic
• Web performance:
you follow best practices to produce performant websites
Non-Technical profile requirements
• Picks the right tool to get the job done
• Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction
• Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills
• Establishes and manages engagement objectives, expectations and quality plan
• Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
• Quick learner, motivated self-starter
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
• Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines
• Master/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science OR equivalent through experience. Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred
• FR and/or Dutch
• ENG is a must
Ad reference: MCO - SE FrtEnd