Level of experience: 5-8
Type of contract: cdi
A human companyThe challenge and the drive to succeed often put aside the human dimension of a company. At KLANIK, we have a different vision. A challenge is a means to succeed, but in order to face such a challenge, personnal and professionnal levers need to be set up. Our philosphy is quite simple : having our co-workers at the center of the decision process will allow the company to grow.
An innovative business modelKlanik is based on the well-being and the self realization of its co-workers. We’ve put different programs in place in order to enable our consultants to be fulfilled and to step in the company. They become the stakeholders and builders of Klanik’s development and success. Meritocracy, innovation, creativity, passion and excellence are the keywords and values that we share with our co-workers. We consequently base our recruitments on the personality and the potential of our consultants so that they meet the expectations of our added-value projects.
Job description:Job purpose: Project & technical expertise management of Model Based Software Development (MBSD) activities to support the global development and testing (verification and validation) of control algorithms and software integrated in safety-critical embedded systems for products used for a wide range of powertrain applications (off-highway, buses, trucks, cars, sealing and cooling systems). Job activities: By delegation and in consultation with the superior:
- • Plan, budget and monitor the assigned projects in order to run all projects as efficiently as possible. This involves activities of the client's employees & agencies in a multi-project environment, both in the Bruges offices development site and in other development sites (mainly US, Italy & India). • Manage the assigned projects in order to meet customer needs and commitments in terms of time of delivery, cost, safety and quality. • Realize, deliver and support the different variants of the model based software solutions to meet the requirements of the end-users and customers (external) on time. This is achieved by combining project management and actively contributing to hands-on development and testing. As the technical project leader, you are also the main technical contact in order to translate the relevant customer requirements into technical requirements and support the customer deployment of the model based software solutions. Due to the global nature of different projects, you will need to travel occasionally to visit customers and suppliers in order to analyze, specify, support & follow-up the model based software development activities. • Manage and follow-up of project team and employees through delegation and in consultation with superior, in order to optimize their individual performance and that of the company.
- • Continuously improve the organization, structure, methodology, methods and procedures of the software development processes as well as to secure its compliance in accordance with the relevant standards in order to make projects and activities of the department efficient and optimal. Selection and implementation of the necessary tools to support the methodology, methods and procedures. • Offer the necessary knowledge and support where needed to both internal and external projects / people to help solve problems, and to let the development and introduction of new products or improvements run smoothly. • Monitor state-of-the-art and scout the areas of model-based software design of embedded systems in order to increase team knowledge and experience for the application of new state-of-the-art ideas into the existing business activities.
- • Plans and aligns = Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals. • Balances stakeholders = Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders • Directs work = Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done. • Decision quality = Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. • Resourcefulness = Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently. • Ensures accountability = Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments. • Action oriented = Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. • Manages complexity = Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. • Customer focus = Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. • Collaborates = Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. • Communicates effectively = Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. • Being resilient = Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations. • Instills trust = Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. • Demonstrates self-awareness = Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- • Nimble learning = Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder. • Self-development = Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels. • Optimizes work processes = Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. • Manages ambiguity = Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear • Values differences = Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization. • fluent in English (writing & speaking); Dutch is an advantage
- • Knowledge of and experience in software development tools and processes (software design, bug tracking, version control, ...) • Knowledge and experience in Model Based Software Development, auto code generation and doing the integration with legacy code • Knowledge and experience with the Mathworks tools like, Matlab-Simulink, Stateflow, embedded coder, … • Knowledge about SYSML (UML) • Knowledge and experience in embedded C programming • Knowledge and experience with dSPACE TargetLink code generator • Knowledge and experience with compilers • Knowledge and experience with operating systems used for embedded systems • Knowledge and experience with test methodologies (unit & integration testing, MIL/SIL & HIL testing, test bench & vehicle testing)
- • Knowledge about AUTOSAR • Knowledge about object oriented software development • Knowledge about FMEA, problem solving tools • Knowledge about vehicle technology, powertrains in particular • Knowledge about in-vehicle communications networks like CAN, Flexray, TTP, LIN, … • Experience in continuous improvement of processes and procedures to develop software. • has or will develop good project management skills
Ad reference: Lead_MMA_001