Level of experience: 2-5 years
Type of contract: CDI
A human company
The challenge and the drive to succeed often put aside the human dimension of a company. At KLANIK, we have a different vision. A challenge is a means to succeed, but in order to face such a challenge, personnal and professionnal levers need to be set up. Our philosphy is quite simple : having our co-workers at the center of the decision process will allow the company to grow.
An innovative business model
Klanik is based on the well-being and the self realization of its co-workers. We’ve put different programs in place in order to enable our consultants to be fulfilled and to step in the company. They become the stakeholders and builders of Klanik’s development and success.
Meritocracy, innovation, creativity, passion and excellence are the keywords and values that we share with our co-workers. We consequently base our recruitments on the personality and the potential of our consultants so that they meet the expectations of our added-value projects.
The engineer is coached to develop and test embedded software for controllers used within driveline systems to control transmissions, axle related functions and /or to create functions and features on the vehicle.
The coordinator for software development or a more experienced software developer has translated the customer requirements for the embedded software into a systems solution.
By using a step-by-step plan, the algorithms in the embedded software can be realized by project and process management.
The developed software is tested by the engineer through unit, MIL & SIL testing first, then on a simulator and/or test rig and finally on the vehicle based on a defined test strategy and derived test plan.
The test results obtained by the engineer and the documentation are discussed with the coordinator for software development.
The progress during the development and testing is regularly reported to and discussed with the coordinator for software development.
The engineer has to cooperate in a multidisciplinary team working on a systems solution. To realize his duties the engineer has to cooperate with other disciplines (engineering of mechanics, valve, transmission, axle, PC-tools and electronics hardware, supplier of driveline components, …)
After finalizing the training and coaching by more experienced developers and based on the progress and growth made by the engineer, the engineer will be able to work in a delegated way within the global team, respecting the rules and procedures used within the team.
After some time he will be able to discuss with the internal/external customers about the requirements that are reflected into a design book to realize the embedded software.
The engineer develops & test in the lab of the development center followed by testing at the customer site, in order to release the developed software for production.
• Ensures accountability = Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Action oriented = Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Manages complexity = Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Customer focus = Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Collaborates = Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively = Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Being resilient = Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Instills trust = Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Demonstrates self-awareness = Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Nimble learning = Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
• Self-development = Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
• Optimizes work processes = Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Manages ambiguity = Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
• Values differences = Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
• fluent in English (writing & speaking); Dutch is an advantage
Educational degree required:
Master in Sciences Mechatronics/Informatics/Electronics
Work experience required:
Relevant work experience of 3 years would be an advantage.
Job-related experience required:
The needed competences of the engineer are listed in order of priority.
• has knowledge about Model Based Software Development, auto code generation and doing the integration with legacy code
• has knowledge about the Mathworks tools like, Matlab-Simulink, Stateflow, embedded coder, …
• has knowledge about SYSML (UML)
• has the high level knowledge of programming in C-language
• has knowledge about dSPACE TargetLink code generator
• has knowledge about compilers
• has knowledge about operating systems used for embedded systems
• has knowledge about AUTOSAR
• has knowledge about object oriented software development
• has knowledge about FMEA, problem solving tools
• while the focus will be on application software, has interest in low-level software that is more related to the hardware
• has knowledge about in-vehicle communications networks like CAN, Flexray, TTP, LIN, …
• has or will develop good project management skills
• will participate in the continuous improvement of processes and procedures to develop software.
An advantage is that the engineer:
• has experience in the software development for embedded mechatronic systems, more specific for automotive and/or off-highway drivetrain control applications
• has hands-on experience with AUTOSAR development, ideally from architecture over application implementation, RTE generation and BSW configuration to ECU test
• has knowledge about functional safety standards, or other related standards (CMMI, Incose) for system development or hardware and software development
• has knowledge about 32 bit microprocessors of Freescale MPC
• has knowledge about and experience with Python scripting language
Ad reference: System_MMA_002